Friday, January 14, 2011

My dream shoe


The only shoes I enjoy wearing are Rainbow Flip Flops and Cabellas Moccasins. For church I have a few pairs of shoes that I dread wearing. I would take comfort over fashion any day. Every Sunday I put on my moccasins and tell myself, "they don't look that sloppy." I wear them around and try to justify wearing them to church. I just cant do it.

This week I was at DI and I found my Dream Church Shoe.




I had no idea it existed. I though for sure that they were sent there from the Lord as a blessing for not wearing my moccasins to church. You know... not until after the trial of your faith. Well the trial of my faith was about to begin reaping the rewards.

I slipped my foot into the lovely little creation, and guess what?

It was 2 sizes too big.

As one country singer might say, " There was a tear in my beer".

Oh well, I'm just glad to know the shoe exists. Hopefully I can find a pair in my size, or maybe some day the prophet will ask us all to go to church not dressed for the beach, but to go worship with the Mohicans.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Those are quite the shoes! It was a blessing, you will see the wisdom many years down the road, that they did not fit. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too wear the Cabella's mocs. And I too love them. One day I'm going to get some of these (http://homepages.sover.net/~moc/)ones custom made. Because they have children's sizes I'll get you some too.

    ReplyDelete