Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Greetings from the Deweys

It's hard to believe another year has past us by. Stop! Drop! and ROLL! and get ready for the latest on the Deweys!


Best Dewey moments of 2010:

*The release of Starcraft 2 (Daddy had been waiting for ages!)
I don't think he left the house the entire month of August. LOL.

*Baby Zelda took her first steps!

*Finding RaVoe going on the BIG pottie.
(while reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)

*Mommy got a Job selling Scentsy!

*Finally Getting a vacation!
(we spent 4 days in Vernal and loved every minute)

*Bawling our eyes out as they got those Chile guys out of that big hole!
I still don't even know why they were down there.

*Getting together with the Gals to watch, Eat Pray Love, while literally eating, praying, and loving every minute of it!

* THE BEST MOMENT OF 2010 --- Would definitely have to be the surprise I came home to on our Anniversary. Devon had written me this poem.

When I Save the Day

When I save the day I worry so much about Peach

To think what Bowser could be doing to her ugh, that scaly creep

I will never show discomfort though in the heat of a battle

I will never show any weakness until the bad guys skedaddle

I know I must be strong for her and that's what keeps me going

I must get there and save her in time this I'm knowing

People may wonder why I don't ask for rewards and stuff

But when I see Peach's face, that's reward enough

He is really SOOOO talented!

Now, on a really serious note:
We all know challenges come in all different shapes and sizes, and this year the Lord decided it was time to really test the faith of the Deweys. Most of you may have already heard, but this past summer doctors discovered a severe case of hypersensitivity to a yellow substance in our baby girl. (I'm tearing up as I write this.) Yes, our little RaVoe is allergic to cheese. Needless to say, our lives have been turned completely upside down and we've decided all we can really do is take it one step at a time. We have appreciated all of the gifts and support we have received from family members and friends at this difficult time in our lives. Thank you all for your prayers. Probably the best tool we've had to help us at this time is this book. I recommend it for everyone! Even if you aren't dealing with the atrocities of having your precious baby girl being allergic to your family's main substance (sorry if I sound bitter).

On a lighter note, Daddy finally graduated and is now "certified" to stay at home and be the most wonderful daddy! The girls love it, and so does Mommy, now that she has more time for selling Scentsy.

Thanks to all who have helped make 2010 so fabulous! We love you all and wish you a VERY Merry Christmas!!!


In case you missed the excitement of 2009 - Click Here!

4 comments:

  1. you are killing me. i'm so glad this is number 2 instead of number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny. "I still don't know why they were even down there!" And the poem is great!! I can tell he really loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vernal was my favorite part. Well done.
    P.S. I pulled it up and Ruby said "Mary had her baby?" Like she was expecting you to have one. Oh and Devon's sweater deserves a card of it's very own.

    ReplyDelete