Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Donny Osmond's Flowers

Did you know that the UPS uniform was voted the sexiest uniform for a man to wear. Well, did you also know that my man works at the UPS store. Yeah, I know. Super sexy.
That's not the only perk of his job. The UPS store has individually owned mail boxes, and our good friend Donny Osmond happens to have one there. Yeah, that's right. Dream-Boat Donny get's his mail at Dewey's place of employment.

Apparently there are other people who know that because people often send gifts to Donny, via the UPS store. And by people I imagine elderly women, probably teachers and cat lovers, or just THESE ladies. Well, the other day some flowers came in for Donny, a beautiful arrangement. So Dewey calls up his buddy Donny, who's currently in Vegas selling out seats at more that 100 bucks a pop.

Dewey: Oh hi Donny, it's Dewey here at the UPS store. I Just wanted to let you know that some flowers came in for you today.

Donny: Ah great, I love my fans. What wonderful people they are. Too bad I'm in Vegas making millions.

Dewey: Yeah, that's too bad. They're really pretty.

Donny: You know what Dewey... How about you take them home to that cute little wife of yours. And send her my love.

Dewey: Sure will Donny, good luck tonight. And no matter what anyone else says, I'd see you over Penn and Teller any time.

Donny: You're a good man Dewey, a very good man.

(The conversation ends)

So that night Dewey comes home with this flower arrangement, and now I have Donny Osmond's flowers in my kitchen.

Thank you obsessed fan.

Now here is the truth. If they weren't Donny's flowers, I'd be ticked. Dewey knows I don't ever want him spending money on flowers. My theory is, if it's not edible, it's not worth it.

6 comments:

  1. That's a really good theory, and life motto really. Get it cross-stitched on a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous, My husband's work uniforms have never been considered sexy but I guess I knew that when I married a professional sign twirler. My husband doesn't Speak with Donny but he's pretty sure he's seen him drive by while he's working. He thinks he may have even honked at him. I get flowers and other great items from my husband's job. It all depends on where he is twirling that day. Last year for christmas we got our tree for free. I'd like to see UPS hook you up with a free tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGsh! Did I ever tell you the tale of Donny's laser tag vest sweat? We are so soul sisters.

    The Dewey/Donny dialog killed me. I would read a blog dedicated just to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha! I love it and I love you Mary. You are a truly amazing person. That's all I have to say. Love Donny's flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha. seriously! i always tell dave "please don't buy flowers! take me out to dinner!" haha. love it though. you should ask p-nut her donny story. she once saw him in concert and does the BEST interpretation of donny fans. she probably met the lady whose flowers are on your kitchen table...hmmm. food for thought...

    ReplyDelete